LevelFonds
Ref NoPA23G
TitleParish Records of St Peter, Bexleyheath
Date1943-2014
DescriptionParish registers and administrative material
Extent52 items
Access StatusOpen
AdminHistorySt Peter's has its origins as a Mission Church Hall opened in 1930 to meet the demands of a growing population as development in the area to the north of Bexleyheath Station got under way from the late 1920s. This combined use as church and hall continued until 1936 when a seperate hall was obtained. In 1945 the Conventional District of St Peter and St Andrew was created and this arrangement lasted for two years after which St Andrew's Mission Church in Brampton Road reverted to All Saints Belvedere. The Conventional District moved on to being an Ecclesiastical district in 1955 and became a parish in its own right following the completion of the present church in 1957.
Persons
CodePersonNameDates
DS/UK/20Church of England; St Peter Parish, Bexleyheath; 1930-; Church1930-
Places
CodeSet
NA28St Peter's Church/Pickford Lane/Bexleyheath/London Borough of Bexley/Kent/England
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020