LevelFonds
Ref NoPA137B
TitleParish Records of Christ Church, Erith
Date1869-2015
DescriptionParish registers and administrative records 1869-2002
Extent226 items
Access StatusOpen
AdminHistoryChrist Church, Erith began in 1871 as a temporary iron building adjacent to the present church. The population of Eirth had increased very dramatically in the nineteenth century and the old parish church of St John's contained only 400 sittings for a population of 5,500. A permanent building was consecrated in 1874 and in the same year Christ Church became a separate parish. The lower and spire were completed in 1915.
Persons
CodePersonNameDates
DS/UK/40Church of England; Christ Church Parish, Erith; 1871-; Church1871-
Places
CodeSet
NA78Christ Church/Victoria Road/Erith/London Borough of Bexley/Kent/England
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020