LevelFonds
Ref NoPA105
TitleParish Records of St Paulinus, Crayford
Date1558 -2001
DescriptionParish Registers and administrative records
Extent9.8 linear meters
Access StatusOpen
AdminHistorySt Paulinus', Crayford is one of the six ancient churches lying within the London Borough of Bexley. The Local Government Act 1894 transferred the civil functions of Crayford Parish Council. The growth of the town's population during the First World War led to the conversion of the Parish Council into Crayford Urban District Council. The same developments inspired the building of two daughter churches to St Paulinus. St Augustine's, Slade Green was established in 1900 and became a Parish in its own right in 1925. All Saints', Barnes Cray was established in 1918, but closed in 1942. All Saints Chapel in the mother church was named in its memory
Persons
CodePersonNameDates
DS/UK/38Church of England; St Paulinus Parish, Crayford; 1086-; Church1086-
Places
CodeSet
NA36St Paulinus' Church/Church Hill/Crayford/London Borough of Bexley/Kent/England
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021