LevelFonds
Ref NoPA101
TitleParish Records of All Saints, Foots Cray
Date1608-2005
DescriptionParish registers and other administrative records. Also includes the records of Foots Cray Primary School.
Extent218
Access StatusOpen
AdminHistoryAll Saints', Foots Cray, is one of the six ancient churches lying within the London Borough of Bexley. Following the arrival of the railway in 1865, the outlying settlement of Sidcup displaced the village of Foots Cray as the main centre of population.Three new Parishes were established in Sidcup in the course of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries to serve the growing suburb. The local Government Act 1894 transferred the civil functions of the Parish Vestry to Foots Cray Parish Council. In 1902 the Parish Council became Foots Cray Urban District Council, which was renamed Sidcup Urban District Council in 1921. Between 2000 and 2015 the benefice of All Saints, Foots Cray was united with that of St James, North Cray.
Persons
CodePersonNameDates
DS/UK/32Church of England; All Saints Parish, Foots Cray; 1086-; Church1086-
Places
CodeSet
NA83All Saints' Church/Rectory Lane/Foots Cray/London Borough of Bexley/Kent/England
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019