LevelFonds
Ref NoNCMBH
TitleRecords of Bexleyheath Methodist Church
Date1903-1985
DescriptionMinutes 1924-1950, registers 1964-1985, financial records 1903-1984 and papers and correspondence 1946-1985
FormatBound Volume
Extent1 linear metre
Access StatusOpen
AdminHistoryAs early as 1843 reference can be found of cottage meetings being held by Wesleyans on the Heath, and from 1845 to 1850 a wooden chapel on the north side of the Broadway was in use. However in 1850 the chapel was sold, though in 1857 prayer meetings were resumed in a cottage in Royal Oak Road. In 1860 the first established Bexleyheath Methodist Church was opened in North Street with a capacity for 150 people. By the beginning of the twentieth century the church had become inadequate for the increasing number of members and in 1903 a new building fund was inaugurated and by 1909 a new site was acquired at the corner at Church Road and the Broadway. The present church was completed in 1926 and a new school hall was added in 1939.
Persons
CodePersonNameDates
DS/UK/301Bexleyheath Methodist Church; 1843-1843-
Places
CodeSet
NA656Bexleyheath Methodist Church/Church Road/Bexleyheath/London Borough of Bexley/Kent/England
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021