LevelFonds
Ref NoLAXNCP
TitleRecords of North Cray Primary School
Date1857-2003
DescriptionMinutes 1903-1959; Log Books 1873-1999; Admission Registers 1866-2003; Administrative and Financial Papers 1857-2002; Photographs 1960-2000 and ephemera.
Extent0.5 linear metres
Access StatusOpen
AdminHistoryAn infants school established at North Cray by Elizabeth Hetherington in 1777. It had places for a mere 7 or 8 children up to the age of seven. Older children were taught at Bexley National School. A new infants room was built in 1859 but this proved inadequate and in 1860 a new North Cray National School was established with the aid of Western Wood, the owner of North Cray Place to educate up to 30 pupils. In December 1959 the small Church of England School finally closed and the children were transfered to a new Primary School opened by Kent County Council. In 1965 responsabiltiy for this school past to the new London Borough of Bexley. However In July 2003 the school closed and the remaining pupils transfered to Sidcup Hill Primary School, renamed Orchard Primary School.
Persons
CodePersonNameDates
DS/UK/91London Borough of Bexley; North Cray Primary School; 1777-20041777-2004
DS/UK/92Hetherington; Elizabeth (1707-1777)1707-1777
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021