LevelFonds
Ref NoINQMH
TitleRecords of Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup
Date1917-2008
DescriptionMinutes including meetings of Committees and Sub Committees 1948-1992, medical records 1953-1971 and administrative records 1930-2004
Extent417 items
Access StatusRestricted
AdminHistoryQueen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup is an acute district general hospital situated in Sidcup, South East London, serving the population of the London Borough of Bexley. It is administered by Queen Mary's Sidcup NHS Trust, which was established in 1993. The Queen's Hospital was opened in 1917 in the grounds of Frognal House. It comprised a group of prefabricated buildings, and initially provided pioneering plastic surgery to First World War soldiers with facial injuries, under the auspices of Sir Harold Gillies, until 1925. After 1925 it served as a London County Council out-hospital and was renamed Queen Mary's Hospital in 1930. It continued to develop as a district general hospital serving the local population after the Second World War. In 1974 the original prefabricated buildings, which had been intended to last for only ten years, were replaced by the current hospital buildings.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020